Tuesday, November 22, 2011

English Is a Funny Language

They say "Necessity breeds creativity.". I say, "Desperation forces ingenuity."

When people are trapped in a corner and they have to come up with something to survive, our adrenalin pumps over edge and we either do something stupid or really brilliant. Most of the time brilliant.

And yes, I am desperate. I am trapped in a corner. However, I can't say I will do something brilliant. This may be really really stupid. I have decided to teach English online, as an ESL tutor.

It's a horror! I just heard a creepy background music. I swear! Don't get me wrong. I love the English language. That's why I wanted to be a journalist in the first place and probably ended up as a writer for ESL materials before. However, I've never tried having a job outside of the corporate world. The thought of doing something new scares me.

So I brushed up on the rudiments of the English language and I stumbled across this funny poem:

Indeed, fish, crabs and shrimps are called seafood. But if they come from a stream, river or lake, will they still be called as such?

No comments: